Saturday, September 8, 2007

More Pics

So I finished my first week of classes.
Kinda Crazy but so much fun. The students love to hear about The United States and about my life. One student told me that The United States is like Paradise to him...He is studying to take the S.A.T's so that he can go to an American University. I recently found out that most of the students live on Campus due to the large amount of studying every day. It's very nice for me because it feels like a college campus. There is always a group of students who love to play soccer every day. So I am pretty sure I am going to play at least twice a week. And the students love when "The foreigners" play with them.

Yesterday we went to this coffee shop called "Mr. Mai's" And we decided that we are going to volunteer there once a week on Wednesdays. We hang out and talk with Chinese people and other foreigners. It's pretty fun. Every time I go, I forget to take a picture...but I will get one up soon.

We just came back from fellowship with our international friends. There were about 40 people. It was amazing. I lead worship and stew played the congas and the harmonica. It is great to get plugged in with people who also love to worship Father.

Here are some more pictures. Enjoy.

At a restaurant near our school.

Chicken...and yup...that's the Chicken's head!

One of my "small" classes of about 50 students.

In a taxi on our way to Aloha's for Stew's birthday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun---eating chicken with its head still attached, My favortie student of yours is the one who put his thumb on the other guys head! At least they like the United States...it would be a whole lot harder to teach them if they hated your country.

Anonymous said...

that last comment was from your cousin Amanda...I have never done this before and uh forget to attach my name somehow. dumb.

Alison Hulette said...

Looks like your adjusting well Tay Tay! I miss you... I hope your not morphing into a chicken head eater too quickly..
You're in my prayers,
ali

Carpenters said...

That's awesome that you lead worship at FF on Saturday. I'm so glad you're already plugged in that way, and at Mr. Mai's too. You're doing such a great job of getting involved. I really liked the picture of your "small" class!! Blessings, Becca