Sunday, September 2, 2007

Back to School

Today was the first day of school.
I am teaching senior II, which is sophomore level.
I have 16 classes with about 50 students in each class.
So the class size is a little smaller that anticipated but I was given a few more classes than expected. So it still works out that I have about 800 students.
The students were very excited to have a foreigner for a teacher.
I introduced myself and passed around some pictures of my life in America.
They are very interested in every aspect of the "American Life"
One student asked me if I can help them study for the SAT's so I can help them get into an American University.
I will keep you all updated when I have some more free time.
Here are some pictures of the school and apartment.
Please remember me and the new relationships I develop.



A few thousand students at another school. The opening ceremony.


Bedroom and closet.



My apartment...it's a little empty, but it's a work in progress.



My apartment building...I am in the building on the right...4th floor.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhBPDUb2HFSuCP9oonhY7Efmr8nLaFMk9Tsm_ynOv23CTSFycaxE1H6kLUQvNHMY-SOXnHfAOp1K-gz3-7qYB9_3m92Km17YSf5sBvcfMCVOksG6OcmPfSzWhw18UCkpuUpHwGUC8Lghk2s/s1600-h/IMG_0036.JPG">

Stew and our "Wai Bon" Peggy
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgiAOjV8iRej2PvXe1Ma4YkknaYQm0oKryNmrBsl8LIFN5bRsglrNovVPfceMivz_ylhE6VogzvlRUQQVvtzvwkA5Hbq7A_yN1R5X9VcY96MmXi1kcK-kvhFMHKlI4gIU88YDnYHxYiRbwK/s1600-h/IMG_0035.JPG">

The School is huge!

The Po-Po

3 comments:

Barbara Bartlett said...

i think those two symbols on the police car say "po po" :) great pictures, it helps to SEE where you are, where you live and the school. i am so proud of you. i love you...and remember you.

Anonymous said...

Tay!! Wow sooo good to hear your first day went well. Your school really is big, don't get lost! haha
Love the pics, keep them coming, I want to see some of your "many" students! wow 800! that's crazy, but you can do it mr. teacher! Hope the first week is cha-mazing for you! Love ya and miss you :)

Anonymous said...

It's great to see your photos and visualize more where you are. Yeah, those hard wooden couches are so comfy, aren't they?! Your first week of school is over. Prying all wen well!! ~Becca Carpenter