Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New 牛(Niu) Year!



This Year is Year of the Bull in China. The Chinese pronunciation of bull sounds like "new". So Happy Bull Year.

We had a great Christmas last week, and we were extremely busy. We got together and ate breakfast and opened presents. Then we went to Aloha for an amazing Christmas meal. After that we went to Mr. Mai's for a Christmas performance. The party at Mai's was Christmas eve and Christmas day. The parties totaled about 250 people who heard the story of Christmas. It was great to tell others about the good news.

We just finished our last day of teaching on the 31st. It's been a long semester and we are ready for our long break. We are planning a short trip to the Chinese city of Guilin next week, and I am going to see my mom in Russia (burr) at the end of January. The rest of the time I have no major plans. I might take a couple small trips to see some friends around China.

We recently went to a Chinese performance with some great Kung Fu and Acrobatics! Here are some pictures from that night....And PLEASE DO TRY THIS AT HOME!!! Hahahaha





Here's a video of me singing at the New year's Eve Party for my school. I am singing 2 of the Chinese favorite songs "My Love" by Westlife and a Chinese Song! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great very nice Happy new year

Stew said...

Man...It was all there except for this soaring cello line that was screaming to played the whole time. Soon my friend...